Students in 8th grade have an opportunity to apply for the prestigious Husky Honor Award. Students must meet the criteria listed below in order to proceed to phase II of the application process. The Husky Honor criteria are
- minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Community service hours
- Participation in extra-curricular activities
- Good Citizenship (Students with a major referral are automatically disqualified)
- Students cannot have more than 10 excused absences or more than 3 unexcused absences or tardies.
- Students recognized as Husky Honor students must maintain grades and citizenship up to and including promotion.
*See Husky Honor Application for more details.
Phase II consists of a
- 60 minute written essay
- Panel interview (consisting of teachers, parents, administrators, and classified personnel)
The panel selects the Husky Honor Students based upon their overall performance and overall score. Students are encouraged to prepare ahead of time using the materials given to the applicants.