- The cleanliness and overall appearance of the campus had a large number of positive comments from parents. Our custodial team takes a tremendous amount of pride in the appearance of the campus. Guillermo takes initiative to take care of concerns in a timely manner and follows up with District Maintenance as needed. We also receive positive comments from visitors who are not regularly on the site about how well it is maintained. Our students also take pride in keeping the campus looking good.
- The second area that stands out on the Parent Survey comments is a staff that is caring and supportive. Specific teachers, office staff, custodians, and administration were mentioned by name for demonstrating their commitment to help students improve academically. Motivating students and providing feedback to students and parents was mentioned as areas of strength.
- The third area of commendation from Parent Comments is about a school that provides a safe environment and a staff that is visible on campus. Parents commented they appreciated the campus being locked during the day and the only access being through the Front Office. Comments were also made about when concerns were brought to staff members that action was taken in a timely manner.
- Tutoring and Homework Support- This was the number one area mentioned in the comment portion of the survey with Math being mentioned more than ELA. The students being provided with the Eureka Math Homework Helper books will be a great benefit to help with this concern. During Back to School Nights we will provide additional information about before school and after school tutorials that are provided on campus as well as resources students have access to at home. We will also host a Math Night in the fall demonstrating specific ways parents will be able to provide support to their students.
- Support for parents who do not speak English (78% positive)- This was also indicated on both the survey and comments. This is an area of growth from the previous school year. We are excited to have a Social Worker with us for the entire year next year. We will be hosting Parenting Partners in the Fall and PIQE again in the Spring.
- College and Career Readiness- This comes from both parent surveys, students surveys, and comments. This past year all of our middle school students visited a college campus or tech facility. We will continue these trips for the 2017-18 school year. Middle school students will also be using Career Cruising to provide access to information about specific careers they may want to pursue in the future.